In this series of 8 Awareness Through Movement® lessons we will seek improvement in the full range of movement possible for the head and neck. Every improvement in the carriage of the head is accompanied by a change in the breathing and a feeling of lightness and ease throughout the whole system.
These lessons will help us:
1. Explore the dynamic relationship between the movements of the head and neck with those of the pelvis
2. Differentiate the movement of the head from that of the shoulders such that the entire musculature is influenced for the better.
3. Help the weight of the head become light through clearer support from the spine, pelvis and legs.
4. Influence peripheral vision and spatial awareness
5. Free the lower jaw from the skull